Saturday 15 December 2012

I LOVE December :O)






Crikey!  WHERE does the time go ????  I can't believe I haven't posted on here since the end of the Art Trail.  Such a lot been happening ....










First off - I had a lovely time at the West Country Quilt Show at Shepton Mallet.  Was very busy all day everyday there, demo-ing the APQS longarm machines and visitors had fun trying out the Lenni machine - and finding out how easy it is to use!


We were back for just one day and then headed off to Cornwall to celebrate my birthday :O)  We stayed in Pentewan at The Cove for a couple of nights, which is just a very short drive from the Lost Gardens of Heligan.  Monday evening we went to the Gardens, for their annual Cornish Christmas night and a candlelit tour of the gardens.  Oh my - that was lovely!  The gardens will never look the same again in daylight.  I can thoroughly recommend it and hope we can go back again next year :O) Highlight for me was a lovely lady playing a dulcimer in the walled garden which was a perfect setting - her gentle notes wafted around in the candlelight and then out into the darkness.  Absolutely magical :O)  I could have stood listening to her playing carols all evening!

We spent my birthday the next day (4th) wandering around Truro.  The weather was changeable and sometimes quite damp and blustery, so we were *forced* to duck into several tea rooms and sample their tea ..... and the scones .... and apple pie ...... and toasted tea cakes ....... ;O)  Had a really nice relaxing time but I confess I did come home slightly .... er .... rounder than when I left .....:O)

The following week (12th) saw us celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary :O)  We had thought to go away for another few nights BB, but decided to stay home and go out for lunch instead at the Start Bay Inn at Torcross.  Yummy food and a crackling fire :O)

And now - my Christmas trees are up and twinkling, the tinsel is on the walls, the Christmas cards are being imminently posted and I am playing Christmas music throughout the house from when I wake up til bedtime .....
Yup ..... I definitely LOVE December ...... :O)






2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland...meant to give you a nudge that your blog seemed to be broken...lol...
    You have had a wonderful time lately and a lovely lady such as you thoroughly deserves a little pampering!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Ani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe - yes - broken blogs are no fun! But the time just vanishes sometimes. Note to myself for the New Year .... post to the Blog at least once a week ....... ;o)
      LOVE that quilting you did on Anne's quilt btw :O)
      Happy Christmas Kay!

      Delete